Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Configuring autostart and Logwatch

2013-11-25 16:17:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Configuring autostart and Logwatch
From: Daniel Mulholland <dan.mulholland AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:14:59 +1300
hi!

Please forgive newbyness I've been working on getting Bacula up and running across a network backing up to a hard drive on a "server" machine for both itself and a couple of other PCs.

My "server" is a RAID1 configuration using Ubuntu 12.04.

So far I've sorted out network connectivity between the PCs but haven't actually started any real backup process (I'm a slow learner but there's not much in the way of specific instructions for Ubuntu).

Today I've built from source (something I'm not very familiar with) Bacula 5.2.13 on the "server" which seems to go OK and still connects with the client on my older (5.2.6 from the Ubuntu repositories).

In the make process I concluded that autostart for Ubuntu wasn't obviously easily possible as an option as the ./configure process indicated the operating systems was "unknown".

Q1. Is this correct? Please confirm I have understood correctly.

The second thing I would like is to incoporate Bacula into a daily/weekly logwatch which I already have running on the "server".

The present documentation refers to:

Some systems such as Red Hat and Fedora run the logwatch program every night, which does an analysis of your log file and sends an email report. If you wish to include the output from your Bacula jobs in that report, please look in the scripts/logwatch directory. The README file in that directory gives a brief explanation on how to install it and what kind of output to expect.

In neither 5.2.6 or 5.2.13 does there appear to be a logwatch directory or a README file.

Q2. Is the documentation out of date? Is it possible to configure this? Any suggestions on a way forward?

thanks & regards,

dan

Private or confidential message? Public Key available here: