Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Delete inc/dif backups which has no Full parent backup

2013-11-25 15:02:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Delete inc/dif backups which has no Full parent backup
From: Juraj Sakala <juraj.sakala AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Teun Ouwehand [Nextpertise]" <bacula AT nextpertise DOT nl>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:59:25 +0100
Hi,

I have the same issue. There is no way I think, only custom script can
help. It can be good feature request for bacula developers.

BTW, you must not delete job by id's. It is sufficient to purge volumes.
When purge take place all associated job id's are removed from database
automatically. Then you can truncate volumes (purge volume
action=truncate ...) and they will be ready for use for new backups.

It is possible to make a script that checks he database for last full
backup and removes all prior incremental and differential backups.

JS