Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FW: Client last backup time report

2013-11-18 11:29:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FW: Client last backup time report
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: Robyn <rholmes.opubco AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:24:25 -0500
We do something like this by running a job within Bacula every morning
that scans all client configuration files, builds a list of expected
current jobs/clients and then queries the Bacula DB to see when/if
they've been successfully backed up or not (i.e. marked with a T).  If
it's been more than the specified number of days, then they are added to
a list which is then mailed to whatever address is specified (e.g. the
IT system folks).  The content of the message looks something like this:

WARNING --> Bacula has not backed up:

(1) Job: foobar for Client: foobar-host in the past 10 days

I suspect that this utility is fairly specific to our configuration
structure so not sure if it could be of direct help to you but I figured
I'd throw it out there as an example that it is pretty straight forward
to do what you want to do and a lot of ways to implement it. :)

--tom