Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] listen on all interfaces

2013-11-13 09:27:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] listen on all interfaces
From: Christoph Kluenter <ck AT iphh DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:11:30 +0100
Hi,

I want my clients to listen on all interfaces. Its easy if you only use
ipv4. But this breaks:

 FDAddresses = {
  ipv6 = { addr = :: ; port = 9102; }
  ipv4 = { addr = 0.0.0.0 ; port = 9102; }
 }

bacula-fd then starts and listens on ipv4 and ipv6,
even telnet works via v4 and v6. But
authentication with the bacula-director fails.

But: If I use this:
 FDAddresses = {
  ipv6 = { addr = :: ; port = 9102; }
 }

Everything works. Even ipv4 ...
I think this should be documented somewhere.
It would be great if this worked (ip instead of ipv6):
 FDAddresses = {
  ip = { addr = :: ; port = 9102; }
 }

But then, bacula-fd doesn't even start
Or did I miss something.

Cheers,
  Christoph
--
Christoph Kluenter                   E-Mail: support AT iphh DOT net
Technik                              Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10