Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd crash when trying to restore

2013-11-08 13:43:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula-fd crash when trying to restore
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 18:40:02 GMT

> I am trying to run a restore on a synology system. Backing up works fine,
> restoring to a remote bacula-fd also works fine, but the bacula-fd on the
> local system doesn't work. I have tried to gain some debug information to
> figure out where this has gone wrong, but I can't really get some useful
> information from the response. I tried running bacula-fd with -f -d200 as
> parameters and this is the output on the crash:

Which version of bacula-fd are you running?

To debug it, attach gdb to the process before it crashes (use gdb -p), use
gdb's continue command to make it continue after attaching and then use the

thread apply all bt

gdb command when the crash occurs (it will break back into gdb at that point).

__Martin