Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Simultaneous backups in backup in queues

2013-10-22 10:12:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Simultaneous backups in backup in queues
From: rgreiner <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 06:59:03 -0700
Hi.

I would like to know if it possible to create different "queues" for making
backup in Bacula. My problem is that I have 3 different locations (datacenters)
with servers I want to backup. But one those datacenters has a small link
(50Mbps) with somewhat large file (total of about 1TB).

In a simple description, serveres 1-10 are in datacenter 1 (50Mbps), 11-20 in
datacenter 2 and 21-30 in datacenter 3 (both with 1Gbps links). I would like to
start one queue with servers 1-10, and simultaneously another queue with
servers 11-30. Is that possible? I saw the page
http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/problems/problems/Tips_Suggestions.html#SECTION003170000000000000000
 with tips about simultaneous backup, but that does not cover my particular use
case. Could someone point me where I could find the information I need?
Simultaneous writing is not an issue, as I'm using a storage and not tapes.

Thank you,

Roberto Greiner