Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Changing Retention Periods

2013-10-20 19:06:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Changing Retention Periods
From: Ken Mandelberg <km AT mathcs.emory DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:03:14 -0400
I've tried both suggestions given here

update pool from resource
update all volumes in pool

which shows the lower period, but "list media" still has the old
retention period.

and the more interactive

bconsole
   update

which had the same result.

So I ended up doing

update Volume=Vol0001

which did let me select Volume Retention Period and it did take effect.

Now Vol0001 shows an expiration date that has passed, what else do I
need to do to be sure I can safely remove the Vol0001 file?