Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Changing Retention Periods

2013-10-16 08:21:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Changing Retention Periods
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Ken Mandelberg <km AT mathcs.emory DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:19:02 -0400
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM, Ken Mandelberg <km AT mathcs.emory DOT edu>
wrote:
> I've lowered my File, Job, and Volume retention periods in
> bacula-dir.conf, and restarted bacula-director. I'm not sure about File
> and Job but after one backup the existing older Full Volumes still show
> the old retention period.
>
> What do I need to do to get the old volumes to recycle and the database
> to adjust to the lower File and Job periods.
>
> By the way, these volumes are not tapes, they are just files and I want
> to delete ones that are marked recycle.

Remember that the pool resource in bacula is just a template on how to
create new volumes. Changing anything in that resource does not apply
to volumes that already exist. To fix you need to run 2 commands in
bconsole. They should be similar to the following ( I am going from
memory here ):

update pool from resource

update all volumes in pool

John