Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is it Possible to Change File, Job, and Volume Retention Periods when Coping a job

2013-10-15 08:40:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is it Possible to Change File, Job, and Volume Retention Periods when Coping a job
From: Steven Hammond <shammond AT technicalchemical DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:37:08 +0000
We are looking at the same scenario.  It was my belief that the retention
period for the separate pools (1 pool for the disk based backup and 1 for the
copy to tapes) could be different.  For example, we set our disk based backups
to retain monthly backups (FULL) for 3 months, but our copy to tape monthly
backups set to 1 year.  It was my understanding that once the disk based backup
expired in 3 months the copy would be promoted to the original backup in the
catalog and available for restore and that the 1 year retention would be used.
Please advise if this assumption is INCORRECT.  We are still trying to iron out
all the little nuances of our backup scenario.  Thanks.

Steven Hammond
I.T. Manager
Technical Chemical Company

For support, please email us at support AT technicalchemical DOT com.