Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow backup, how to optimize ?

2013-10-07 13:15:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow backup, how to optimize ?
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 19:11:52 +0200
Hello,

2013/10/7 bdelagree <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
> I do not follow this thread from the beginning, so I could be wrong about some tips.

> You have a 11M files in single backup job. If your job name is not misleading all your files are located on NFS share. Right?
> If yes, this is your main bottleneck. NFS is not the best protocol for this job. If your NFS is a some kind of NAS array then you can speed up your backup with NDMP.

Hi, i don't use NFS share, i put bacula client on this server, I'll look at how to implement NDMP

If you are accessing files to backup locally (you have installed a bacula-fd on nfs server), so you do not need to implement NDMP.

> Next, you should implement Bacula VirtualFull backup, which avoid any next Full backup on the client. After that all your jobs will be all Incremental > and your problem with full will gone.

I do not know VirtualFull backup, I will document about this

Check Bacula documentation for that.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski