Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Clean way to remove a client

2013-10-08 07:45:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Clean way to remove a client
From: Christian Garling <christian.garling AT cg-networks DOT de>
To: Bacula ML <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:24:11 +0200
Hi There,

I am wondering there is no well documented way to remove a client. I
have found some information on the internet, but not sure if they are
safe to use. What I've done:

We have a directory that contains a file for each client, including the
"Job", "FileSet", "Client", "Storage" and "Pool" definitions.
Also we have a directory that contains a file each for each device,
including the "Device" definition. I removed both files for a given
client and restarted bacula-dir and bacula-sd.

Then I deleted the pools in the bconsole. I found a hint that I should
manually delete the client in the table named "Client" in the database.
I did and ran a dbcheck, but there were still a lot of entries in the
database regarding to the removed client (in the tables "Storage",
"Pool" and so on). So I removed them to and ran dbcheck again.

Finally I deleted the directory where the archives were saved.

Why is there no built-in function in the bconsole which easily and safe
removes a client?
Is there a better way to perform such a task?

Regards, Christian Garling