Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Copy Job recycling volumes too quickly

2013-09-30 16:59:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Copy Job recycling volumes too quickly
From: Gary Cowell <gary.cowell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:55:55 +0100
It did this again, same symptom.

Bacula fills up 83 volume files via vchanger, then when it /should/
run out of room and require another 'magazine' (usb disk), what it
does instead is prune/recycle the first volume it wrote, and the next
N volumes that it only filled to FULL a few hours ago.

Really confused about this, any other ideas? All the retention periods
on the volumes are 2 weeks.

Could it be recycling these volumes early because the wholly and only
contain Copy 'C' jobs?