Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] exclude day from schedule

2013-09-30 11:02:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] exclude day from schedule
From: Süleyman Kuran <skuran AT ayk.gov DOT tr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:40:18 +0300
Sample schedule is missing weekly and montly pools. Each pools retention time is different. Daily pool expires after a week. Weekly pool expires after 4 weeks, monthly pool expires after 12 months. Sometimes it is necessary to restore previous backups not the latest. This way I have a wide range of options to restore.

But i'm not sure if it is better by including weekly and montly pool media to daily pool and set the expiration time to 365 days and only backup to daily pool. If you want to restore a 6 months old backup, how do you configure your schedule?