Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Storage insists old job is using tape device

2013-09-25 12:12:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Storage insists old job is using tape device
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 12:08:42 -0400
I have several tape drives that indicate they are being used by jobs that have
been long terminated.  Without stopping/restarting bacula, is there a command
that might get the storage daemon to recognize that the drives can be used for
other jobs?  The commands used so far:
status storage=mychanger

Shows tape drives 1,4,&5 in use by old jobs, however there are no tapes in
these drives.  One long running active job is using drive 0 and is the reason I
do not want to stop/restart bacula.
release storage=mychanger drive=4

Says it's already released.  OK, so I mount the tape that bacula says the old
job is using which succeeds.  I try releasing it again.  This time it says that
it's busy with 1 writer.
cancel jobid=12345

It says there is no jobid 12345.

I have had this situation before, but not with 3 drives and it is causing my
nightly backups to take much longer to complete everything.  Suggestions?

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory