Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Is anyone using >128K blocks with LTO-4 or LTO-5 drives?

2013-09-20 12:46:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Is anyone using >128K blocks with LTO-4 or LTO-5 drives?
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:43:20 +0100
On 20/09/13 15:03, Andreas Koch wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> can you let me know what hardware (SAS Controller) and OS (kernel version)
> you use?

Everything is FC connected using QLA 2430-series controllers.

When linux first connects to the drives it reports the largest block
size supported by the devices in dmesg and on the console.

This information is also obtainable using tapeinfo:

# tapeinfo -f /etc/bacula/DEVICES/CHANGER2-DRIVE6-sg
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'HP      '
Product ID: 'Ultrium 5-SCSI  '
Revision: 'I57H'
Attached Changer: No
SerialNumber: 'HUE23108AJ'
MinBlock:1
MaxBlock:16777215
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SCSI ID: 1
SCSI LUN: 0
Ready: yes
BufferedMode: yes
Medium Type: Not Loaded
Density Code: 0x58
BlockSize: 0
DataCompEnabled: yes
DataCompCapable: yes
DataDeCompEnabled: yes
CompType: 0x1
DeCompType: 0x1
Block Position: 971091

/etc/bacula/DEVICES/CHANGER2-DRIVE6-sg is just a symlink through to
/dev/tape/by-id which makes it easier to debug errors.

We also have some older LTO2 drives which report 16Mb support.

Alan