Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Not Mounting tapes properly/Cannot find any appendable volum

2013-09-12 15:27:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Not Mounting tapes properly/Cannot find any appendable volum
From: splat <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 12:23:48 -0700
New Install here.

installed baucla on a Centos 6.4  , attached to a Quantum LTO-3 changer via
Scsi

I labeled all the tapes , how ever when I try to run a a job I get the :
"Cannot find any appendable volumes "

so I mount one manaully  ( this tape has never been used other then to label )
and nothing changes.

Device status:
Autochanger "TAPEUNIT" with devices:
   "LTO-3" (/dev/nst0)
Device "LTO-3" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with:
    Volume:      MCL438L3
    Pool:        FULLTAPE
    Media type:  LTO-3
    Device is BLOCKED waiting to create a volume for:
       Pool:        FULLTAPE
       Media type:  LTO-3
    Slot 1 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=64,512 Blocks Read=1 Bytes/block=64,512
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0

so I put a Brand new tape into the unit , mount it label it  and the job runs .

what is going on here ? why won't it use exisiting tapes ?

here is my SD.conf
Autochanger {
  Name=TAPEUNIT
  Device = LTO-3
  Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg3
}
Device {
  Name = LTO-3
  Drive Index=0
  Media Type = LTO-3
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  Maximum File Size = 4GB
 Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
 Changer Device = /dev/sg3
 AutoChanger = yes
}