Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to configure atochanger on RD1000 usb devices

2013-09-12 10:22:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to configure atochanger on RD1000 usb devices
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:18:41 -0400
On 09/12/13 03:58, cRz87 wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm configuring a bacula on my owner, backups are correct on 1 RD1000 usb
> disk device, but I want to configure one disk for one day and configure
> autochanger.
> I find more information and configure autochanger but not working.
>
> Someone can help me out?

It is not clear what you are asking, and what steps you have taken to get to
where you are.

I can warn you about the Dell RD1000 device though. It does not trigger udev
notifications when a cartridge is inserted or removed. It is always seen by
the kernel as /dev/sdX whether or not a cartridge is in it.

I have set up one of our clients with removable, encrypted backups using one
of these RD1000 devices following this howto which I wrote a few years back:
http://www.revpol.com/node/140

BUT... I had to write a few additional custom RunBefore and RunAfter scripts
on the jobs because of the foolish, non-standard way the RD1000 works.  And
even then, we continue to have (random) issues with this stupid device.

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC