Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tapechanger connected to second SD: Could not reserve volume ...

2013-09-11 04:30:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tapechanger connected to second SD: Could not reserve volume ...
From: Denny Fuchs <linuxmail AT 4lin DOT net>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:07:07 +0200
hi,

I have a Debian Wheezy with Bacula with Bacula 5.2.6 and a tapechanger
connected to a second bacula-sd, which is running on an another host. I started
"update slots scan", because Bacula wants from me, to load tape x or label a
new one x ...

the first 9 tapes where updated successful, but all other tapes ...

[...]
No VolName for Slot=47 InChanger set to zero.
Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger-ext at ext-backup:9103 ...
3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 47, drive 0" command.
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 1" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 1", result: nothing loaded.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 48, drive 0" command.
3305 Autochanger "load slot 48, drive 0", status is OK.
3902 Cannot mount Volume on Storage Device ""Drive-0" (/dev/nst0)" because:
label.c:237 Could not reserve volume LTO040L2 on "Drive-0" (/dev/nst0)
No VolName for Slot=48 InChanger set to zero.
Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger-ext at ext-backup:9103 ...
3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 48, drive 0" command.
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 1" command.
3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 1", result: nothing loaded.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 49, drive 0" command.
[...]

what could be the problem?

Maybe .. the changer was connect to the same bacula-sd on the same hosts, like
the director over ISCSI, but it wasn't working after a few days, so I switched
back, to my old setup with two SDs.

cu denny