Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] TSM5.5 to Bacula migration.

2013-08-14 10:26:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] TSM5.5 to Bacula migration.
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:23:42 -0400

>>> Hi Steven... I believe that you can accomplish what you are looking for
>>> using
>>> Bacula's "Copy Jobs", Josh Fisher's excellent "vchanger" add-on, and a
>>> little
>>> hard work. :)

I use and recommend this as well. I make each removable disk represent
a virtual autochanger magazine with a fixed number of same sized
volumes.

>>> Obviously it is more complicated than the four or five steps listed below,
>>> but
>>> here is the basic concept and process:
>>>
> I generally have file volumes limited to 10GB for ease of moving around if I
> need to. I said 2GB in your case, because of the very small 40GB "partition"

Small volumes also help in the case of recycling. Remember that bacula
recycles a whole volume at a time it can not reclaim space from
individual jobs inside a volume until the whole volume can be
recycled.

John