Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] What's wrong with my schedule?

2013-07-30 06:58:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] What's wrong with my schedule?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: gary AT extremeground DOT com
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:54:57 +0200
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:54:16PM -0400, Gary Dale wrote:
> I'm running Version: 5.2.6 (21 February 2012) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu debian 7.0
>
> This schedule seems to almost be working. Unfortunately, I'm getting a
> full backup every Sunday before the differential backup on the 2nd-5th
> Sundays. The daily incremental backups are working properly.
>
> I've restarted the director several times so I'm pretty sure it's
> re-read the conf file. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Schedule {
>    Name = "WeeklyCycle"
>    Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
>    Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
>    Run = Incremental mon-sat at 23:05
> }

Hello Gary,

I think we need more info on this one... how long are your retention
times? Is it possible your fulls expire within a week or get
overwritten so the differential gets somehow bumped to "full" status?
What's the bacula log file entry when the unexpected "full" starts?

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA