Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Open Source Backup Conference 25th of September in Cologne, cfp now open

2013-07-01 07:56:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Open Source Backup Conference 25th of September in Cologne, cfp now open
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 13:51:58 +0200
For Bruno:  Please stop sending email posts to this list. This
is a Bacula list not a list for promoting Bareos.

For Bacula users: Please be aware that Bruno Friedmann is
not a friend of Bacula.  He is a Bareos reseller in Switzerland
and has a long standing relationship with DassIT, which is
the main force behind the Bareos fork of Bacula (I will have
more to say about Bareos and Bruno's misleading
was on vacation in Canada).  Please be aware that the
conference cited in this email is to promote DassIT and
Bareos and not Bacula, and for the most part will be in German.

Of course, if you are interested in Bareos, it is probably the place
to go.  However, as you will hear from me later, you might want
to think twice before considering using the Bareos fork.

Bacula Systems will be sponsoring the real Bacula conference
to be held sometime during 1Q2014 (probably in March).  The
language for the Bacula conference will be principally English and
will take place in Berlin.

Regards,
Kern