Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] volume keeps getting purged and recycled

2013-06-17 10:16:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] volume keeps getting purged and recycled
From: Seth Galitzer <sgsax AT ksu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:37:36 -0500
I use disk storage and a couple months ago ran out of space.  While I
was waiting to get additional storage, I reduced my retention period and
purged a few existing volumes so they could be reused and I could keep
running daily backups.  Now that I have my additional storage in place,
I restored my original retention period.  In my daily reports, I am
seeing one of the volumes I had manually purged continue to be recycled.
  It's as if it is never flagged as being used, even when jobs complete
successfully using that volume.  There are no other errors in the daily
reports.

What would be an appropriate course of action to resolve this?  I don't
really trust any of my archives right now.  Is there something I can
check in the database to see if the volume has been flagged
inappropriately?  Should I just mark the volume as "do not use"?  Is
there another option?  Please let me know.

Thanks.
Seth

--
Seth Galitzer