Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] My file retention is 30 days, but restore says no files found..

2013-06-14 13:48:42
Subject: [Bacula-users] My file retention is 30 days, but restore says no files found..
From: Jeff MacDonald <jeff AT terida DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:32:45 -0300
Hi All,

I went to restore some files this morning and had a "check my pants" sort of
moment. I went to do the restore and got something like this:

====
You have selected the following JobIds: 296,436,440,444,448

Building directory tree for JobId(s) 296,436,440,444,448 ...  +

For one or more of the JobIds selected, no files were found,
so file selection is not possible.
Most likely your retention policy pruned the files.

Do you want to restore all the files? (yes|no):
====

So I clicked, yes and was able to get all my files just fine. No harm or error
there. But I'm curious why my files are pruned from my catalog?

My File Retention times are all set to 30 days. Job Retentions to 6 months.
Volume retention 365 days

I DO have AutoPrune on. I'm just unsure of why they are being pruned…

Thoughts?

Jeff.