Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Timeout for Storage volumes

2013-06-05 08:47:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Timeout for Storage volumes
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Isamar Maia <isamar AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:44:02 +0200
On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 07:58:34AM -0300, Isamar Maia wrote:
> Hi Folks !
>
> Is there any way to timeout a volume with problem and skip to the next
> available volume in the pool ?
>
> For example:
> A tape that is not available anymore in the magazine but the volume
> status is not correct.
> Currently, Bacula sits and waits forever.

This could be tricky, have you tried "update slots scan" after
removing / exchanging tapes? This could help a bit. When removing
tapes for storage, make sure to set their status to "Archive" so
bacula won't request them again by mistake.

Also check the list archive for a recent discussion of what "update
slot scan" should do (in my opinion) and what it actually does
according to the bacula gurus here.

Cheers, Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA