Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] deduplication within a volmue

2013-05-31 10:19:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] deduplication within a volmue
From: melvin.ross AT gmail DOT com
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net, Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:15:28 +0000

For the bacula volumes it's not very high. It's in mostly in place to handle hundreds of thousands of wav files whose first 20-30% is the exact same content. To control the size of my bacula volumes I instead employee a very aggressive recycling policy on the pools.

From My Mobile

On 5/31/13 2:22 Silver Salonen wrote:

On Thursday 30 May 2013 21:36:52 melvin.ross AT gmail DOT com wrote:
> There is no dedup by default. You have to either implement base jobs or do the dedup outside of Backus. I personally store my volumes on zfs and let it handle the de duplication.

Have you looked at your dedup ratio? Because other have reported it to be very low, because of the Bacula's volume format.

--
Silver