Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Help for an Intern!

2013-05-28 16:18:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Help for an Intern!
From: Christina Murphy <christina AT 504ensics DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:47:08 -0500
Hey there,

I was hoping to get some simple help with configuring the bacula-dir.conf file.  I'm an intern with a computer forensics company and as my employers are busy with their new business, they have tasked me with familiarizing myself with Bacula and learning how to run it.

My boss had it mostly configured when they asked me to take on the job but I attempted to change the name of the three pools set up and now Bacula won't start, giving the error

Console.cpp: 157  "Filed to connect to intbackup-dir for pupulatelists

We're running Bacula 5.2.13 on Ubuntu and using MySql for our Catalog.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm failing to match something up since I've change the pool names, as I have not touched any of the actual director configuration settings.

Just to be clear, I'm a computer science student and am basically teaching myself most of this so hopefully you can be as helpful as you can be patient!

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks!

Christina