Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Offsite Backups, make sure the tape has full backup.

2013-05-28 16:15:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Offsite Backups, make sure the tape has full backup.
From: dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:10:31 -0500
I am looking to configure a Bacula installation to use a monthly full,
weekly differential, and daily incremental to a file pool.  I will have
the required disk space to keep 3 months of these online for restores.
And will be keeping tapes offsite for a longer period of time.  What I
would like to do though is make sure if we have to do a restore from
tape, that I don't end up needing to use 30 tapes for the restore.  From
the reading I have done it appears that I will need to use a SQL Query
to determine the jobs to copy, finding the most recent full, the most
recent differential (if exists) since the full, and all incremental jobs
after the full or last differential.

Before I dive into the SQL table definitions and figure this all out, I
was wondering if I am missing something, that makes this a lot easier.
Or if anyone might already have a query already defined they would be
willing to share with me that I could use as a starting point.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer