Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] very old Bacula-Version

2013-05-28 02:24:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] very old Bacula-Version
From: Sergio Gelato <Sergio.Gelato AT astro.su DOT se>
To: Claudia Koch <claudia.koch AT 3w-media DOT de>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:02:48 +0200
* Claudia Koch [2013-05-24 10:21:02 +0200]:
> Hallo all,
>
> I need a very old version of Bacula.
> I have to integrate a Suse8-box to my bacula-environment. The oldest
> Version from the Bacula-Web-Site is 5.0.2.
>
> The problem is the OpenSSL-version. I need a Package which is compatible
> to OpenSSL-version 0.9.6.

Security must really be of no concern to you, then: OpenSSL 0.9.6 hasn't
received security fixes for quite a while now. If I were faced with this
problem I think I'd either compile a newer version of OpenSSL for Bacula
to use, or forgo SSL entirely (since that SuSE 8 box is presumably on a
secure network where one doesn't have to worry about being attacked).

Note that very old FDs may not be compatible with current SDs and Directors.
The Release Notes for 5.0.0 claim that 3.0.x FDs are compatible and that
2.4.x FDs are possibly compatible too. The Release Notes for 5.2.1 claim
that 5.0.x and 3.0.x FDs are compatible but are silent about older versions.

> I hope, somebody can send me a Link, where I can download a source package.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula/files/z-older-releases/bacula/

Also look at the RPMs (including source RPMs which you can tweak before
building) in

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bacula/files/z-older-releases/rpms/