Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Full Backup from NFS mount very slow

2013-05-27 08:01:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Full Backup from NFS mount very slow
From: "DAHLBOKUM Markus (FPT INDUSTRIAL)" <markus.dahlbokum AT fptindustrial DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 13:42:30 +0200

Hi,

up to now I did my backup via FD and SD on two different machines. But as the main job gets a broken pipe when waiting for the second tape, I now switched back to FD and SD on the same machine and mounting the directories to be backed up as NFS mounts.

The transfer rate over the network FD was between 40 and 65 MB/s (1Gbit LAN, LTO4 drive).

Now with NFS I get 600 kB/s.

NFS transfer rates are good, copying a file in a shell gives me 90 - 100 MB/s.

Is this a problem with building the file list? There are lots of files to be backed up.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Markus