Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] including a file twice

2013-05-20 20:49:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] including a file twice
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 19:45:35 -0500
On 05/20/2013 06:01 PM, compdoc wrote:

> I think you want:
>
> http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/File_Deduplication_using_Ba.html

Thanks, but no, that's not what I meant. IME if you tell your backup
program to save /foo/bar/baz, /foo/bar/bleh, /foo/bar/baz, ..., most of
them will happily write /foo/bar/baz to tape twice. I don't really
expect bacula to be different, but it'd be so nice to be pleasantly
surprised.

What I'm doing is

File="\\|sh -c 'find <selectors> -exec basename \\{} \\; | sort | uniq'

and it'd be good get rid of "| sort | uniq".

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin