Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] including a file twice

2013-05-20 19:05:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] including a file twice
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:01:24 -0600

>On 5/20/13 15:14 Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

>Hi all,

>quick question: if I include a file twice in the FileSet will bacula
>back it up twice or is it smart enough to only write one copy of it?

>TIA

I think you want:

http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/main/main/File_Deduplication_using_Ba.html

I'd imagine that since files get backed up according to their absolute paths in the file system that you'd only get one copy. That's just a guess from doing restores and poking around at the database. If not, I'd imagine that the scenario could really make muck up a backup. How would it know where to seek in the tape? I guess it could just select the first position and ignore the second....

--

Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin