Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Volumes not recycling

2013-05-17 08:43:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] Volumes not recycling
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 08:40:24 -0400
Again version 5.2.13-9 from epel-bacula repository, another issue that I had
not been having a problem with until now is having volumes available in my
Scratch pool that are not being picked up and used by my backup pools.  More
notably, volumes marked purged or recycle are not being used regardless if they
are in Scratch or in the backup pool.  The messages had indicated that there
were no appendable volumes available.  I've added some new tapes and they are
being selected over any of the other available tapes.

My pool configurations have not changed in months.  I have seen previously used
media being selected and used in the past.  Did I miss a change or is this
something anyone else is seeing?

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory