Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Requests for tape volumes in use by another job and drive

2013-05-17 08:30:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Requests for tape volumes in use by another job and drive
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:27:03 +0200
Hello,

are you using spooling on your jobs? Or writing directly to the storage device?

Regards,
--Simone

On 17 May 2013 14:05, Clark, Patricia A. <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov> wrote:
I am using the latest version, 5.2.13-9, from the epel-bacula repository.  There are a number of long reported issues that seem to be particularly acute in this release, most notably the insistence on a job requesting a volume that is already in use by another backup job.  Beyond the usual question on when might we see this fixed, is a more current question, is there any work around to prevent it that can be suggested?  The jobs are not progressing and that takes up a resource.  I have to manually cancel the process or if the other job completes, then the job making the request will get the tape volume.

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).