Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] File deamon not following configuration

2013-05-10 05:10:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] File deamon not following configuration
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Wouter van Marle <wouter AT squirrel-systems DOT com>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 11:07:26 +0200
Hello,

2013/5/10 Wouter van Marle <wouter AT squirrel-systems DOT com>
On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 07:45 +0200, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2013/5/10 Wouter van Marle <wouter AT squirrel-systems DOT com>
>         On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 12:46 +0200, Radosław Korzeniewski
>         wrote:
>         > Hello,
>         >
>         > 2013/5/9 Wouter van Marle <wouter AT squirrel-systems DOT com>
>         >         *show pool=File
>         >         Pool: name=File PoolType=Backup
>         >               use_cat=1 use_once=1 cat_files=1
>         >               max_vols=0 auto_prune=1 VolRetention=1 year
>         >               VolUse=0 secs recycle=0
>         LabelFormat=Squirrel-${JobName}
>         >               CleaningPrefix=*None* LabelType=0
>         >               RecyleOldest=0 PurgeOldest=0 ActionOnPurge=0
>         >               MaxVolJobs=0 MaxVolFiles=0
>         MaxVolBytes=53687091200
>         >
>         >
>         > Maxvolbytes above is your volume "splitter" at 50MB chunks.
>

>         That number is 50GB already. Not 50 MB. So again the
>         configuration the
>         console gives me is correct.
>

> So, what is your problem with Bacula? I don't understand, sorry.

It uses 50 MB chunks, and totally different file name for the archives
than configured.

When Bacula reaches volume size limit then sets volume status to Used and you should get appropriate information in Job messages. Bacula sets volume name during volume creation and do not change it later. During new volume creation you should get appropriate information in Job messages. Could you show your Job messages for that?

During new volume creation volume inherit its parameters from Pool resource and Bacula do not change it even you update a Pool resource configuration. If you want to update already available volume parameters you have to update it by hand with update volume command (it is possible to update all volumes in Pool in batch, there is an option for that). You can list volume parameters with llist volume command.

Bacula creates new volumes only when it cannot find already available volumes with Append, Recycle or Purge status and cannot get ready volumes after recycling (volumes with Purge status after recycling). New volume is created as a last stand.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net