Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO 6 compression

2013-05-07 10:37:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO 6 compression
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: LDC - Gustavo El Khoury <gustavo AT ldc.usb DOT ve>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 10:34:45 -0400
> Currently I have a LTO3 magazine with HW compression on. From a theoretical
> max storage of 400GB, sometimes it gets very good compression rates, and
> manages to fit near 700GB

I have an LTO2 tape that is used only for a specific dataset that is
very compressible. Currently I it has 3TB on a single LTO2 tape.

*list media pool=LTO2-Calculated-Data
+---------+------------+-----------+---------+-------------------+----------+--------------+---------+------+-----------+-----------+---------------------+
| mediaid | volumename | volstatus | enabled | volbytes          |
volfiles | volretention | recycle | slot | inchanger | mediatype |
lastwritten         |
|     212 | A00053     | Append    |       1 | 3,006,834,453,504 |
3,025 |   31,536,000 |       1 |   14 |         1 | LTO-2     |
2013-05-03 09:59:36 |

With that said outside of the few edge cases most of my 180 LTO2 tapes
fit around 300 GB which is less than the claim of 400GB.

John