Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula transfer limited 100Mbit/s

2013-05-03 13:17:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula transfer limited 100Mbit/s
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 19:13:32 +0200
Hello,

2013/5/3 jburkemx <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
I'm running a backup from my Fileserver VM to the Bacula VM.  Both guests are on the same VM host.

When I run an iperf I can pull 7Gb/s in an out.

Sorry for stupid question: Does your iperf writes data to the tape drive?

When Bacula runs it tops out at 100MBit network usage.  This is with Spooling on and off.

Because your Bacula is writing to the tape during backup. You should compare apples to apples...

If you use spooling then what is a throughput of the spool directory (with iostat or sar data)?

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net