Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] very slow virtualfull job

2013-04-29 04:00:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] very slow virtualfull job
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:57:23 +0200
Hello James,

It looks like you have found the most important things: turn on
attribute spooling,
and switch to InnoDB.  Before switching to PostgreSQL, you might try running
the MySQL tunning program mysqltune (I forgot the exact name).  It tells
you
items you should tune.  Often users do not give it enough memory, or even do
the opposite which can cause problems, that is give it too much.

There are several scripts that switch from MySQL to PostgreSQL that work
fine. They also allow you to keep your MySQL running until you get a good
config for PostgreSQL.  Tunning PostgreSQL is much more complicated, but
it gives *far* better results for big jobs.

Best regards,
Kern