Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job failed, how to recycle only volumes touched by this job?

2013-04-27 04:25:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job failed, how to recycle only volumes touched by this job?
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Leon White <leon.white AT greenpeace DOT org>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 10:22:17 +0200
2013/4/27 Leon White <leon.white AT greenpeace DOT org>:
> Hi Bacula Users!
>
> A backup job I was running failed due to a power error, and I now have
> several hundred file volumes in a pool of hard drives which have this
> partial/failed backup job written to them. How can I manually tell bacula
> that it can discard this partial backup and start overwriting these volumes
> again without it overwriting other volumes in the same pool (which are
> storing a successfully completed full backup)?

Hi,

For your volumes you can use purge command in next way:

purge volume=your_volume_name

You wrote that your backup is placed on hundred volumes. If you do not
know which volumes contains your backup then you can check it by using
command:

list media jobid=your_backup_jobid

I do not know how to purge more volumes at once so I suggest do it by
using external programs available in shell console (awk, sed, etc.)
for processing output from above list media command.

Good luck :)

Regards.
Marcin Haba (gani)

> Thanks!
> Leon
>
> --
> 陆智诚 | Leon White
> 绿色和平 | Greenpeace East Asia
> +86 186 0692 9781 | Skype: strophy
> 行动,带来改变。 Positive change through action.

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus