Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 10

2013-04-26 15:37:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users Digest, Vol 84, Issue 10
From: "Michael Stauffer _g" <mgstauff AT gmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 15:34:39 -0400
Hi,

Regarding my long-running efforts to restore a lost catalog from mid-febuary
of this year, I believe I've finally succeeded (at least most of the way). I
was recreating a catalog using bscan by scanning 35 LTO-5 tapes. It took
about two weeks, and near the end I had an i/o error on the drive. I cleaned
the drive and started again at the beginning of the tape where the i/o error
happened. This seems to have worked, as I know have a catalog that bconsole
can use, and it looks reasonably intact. I can't say authoritatively b/c I
just recently took over this system and hadn't looked much at the backup
system before I lost the catalog.

I've been able to restore the data I needed (at least most of it), so this
is great. There's a possible glitch, but I'm going to post about that
separately.

Thanks for all the help from the list along the way!

-M