Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fatal error: No drive letters found for generating VSS snaps

2013-04-25 12:26:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fatal error: No drive letters found for generating VSS snaps
From: igorc <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:20:50 -0700
Hi all,

I've been searching around for solution and tried everything suggested in those
threads but I'm still seeing the following error:

16-Apr 10:51 igorc-pc-fd JobId 57: Fatal error: No drive letters found for
generating VSS snapshots.
16-Apr 10:51 igorc-pc-fd JobId 57: Error: VSS API failure calling
"BackupComplete". ERR=Object is not initialized; called during restore or not
called in correct sequence.
16-Apr 10:51 kubuntu-sd JobId 57: Job write elapsed time = 00:00:09, Transfer
rate = 0  Bytes/second
16-Apr 10:51 kubuntu-dir JobId 57: Error: Bacula kubuntu-dir 5.2.5 (26Jan12):

The client is Windows7 64 bit and VSS service is running and has been enabled
for autostart. My FileSet can't be simpler:

FileSet {
  Name = "WinTest"
  Include {
    Options {
      IgnoreCase = yes
      signature = MD5
    }
     File = "C:/igorc-pc-fd.conf"
  }
}

The server is running 5.2.5 from Ubuntu repositories. Initially Windows fd
client was 5.2.5 64 bit as well but I've tried some other versions like 5.2.10
with the same result. What does this error mean exactly?  Why is this not
working when I have VSS service running on the client? Is this known issue for
Win7 64 bit?

I have tried putting Enable VSS = no in the FileSet but I'm still getting the
same error, like this setting is being ignored.

Thanks in advance for any help.