Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula client behind NAT

2013-04-22 07:32:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula client behind NAT
From: Personal Técnico <tecnicos AT caos.uab DOT es>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:29:46 +0200

At this point, I trust you have checked the NAT settings (you should test the iptables rules, modify your server's routing table so the client-router is a gateway for the private network you defined, and that you have proper hostnames, either locally with resolv.conf and such, or with DNS). I have a few doubts:

-) If you have different network adapters in client-router, why would you add -s server to all iptables rules? The source of the packets is not always server
Not?

-) Why is client = server defined in the job? Shouldn't it be client? ( these names are starting to mess with me! :) )
Because when I define "client" with IP from "server", I define port 19102, and in "server", there are prerouting rules...

LDC - Gustavo El Khoury