Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] how to proceed after i/o error during bscan?

2013-04-14 22:17:38
Subject: [Bacula-users] how to proceed after i/o error during bscan?
From: "Michael Stauffer _g" <mgstauff AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bacula_users_list_mgstauff_gmail" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 22:14:04 -0400

Bacula 3.0.1

Hi,

I'm tantalizingly near the end of a bscan reconstruciton of a catalog over 35 tapes. You may remember my posts starting mid February - it took a while but it also turns out both drives in my device had failed, so they've been replaced.

It's taken 11 days so far to get to tape 30 out of 35, and ... an i/o error has occured.

bscan: bscan.c:650 Could not find Job for SessId=9 SessTime=1358880703 record.

14-Apr 17:47 bscan JobId 0: Error: block.c:1004 Read error on fd=3 at file:blk 1202:13403 on device "LTO5-0" (/dev/st0). ERR=Input/output error.

Bacula status: file=1202 block=13403

Device status: ONLINE IM_REP_EN file=1202 block=-1

The bscan process is still running. Currently 'mt -f /dev/st0 status' is returning "/dev/st0: Device or resource busy".

Assuming I can get the tape 30 in the drive working again, how do I proceed?

Do I return to the bscan process and hit 'enter' to see if it will start again from tape 30?

Do I kill the bscan process and start again from tape 30? Can I assume that whatever it finds on tape will be added to whatever's been added to the database so far?

Or do I have to start from scratch?! I hope not!!!

Thanks!

-Michael