Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How Bacula gets StorageId ?

2013-04-03 13:14:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How Bacula gets StorageId ?
From: Bugbear <gryzli.the.bugbear AT gmail DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 20:11:29 +0300
Hello,

> There is a special table for that:
>
> bacula=# \d storage
>                                Table "public.storage"
>    Column    |  Type   |                          Modifiers
> -------------+---------+-------------------------------------------------------------
>  storageid   | integer | not null default
> nextval('storage_storageid_seq'::regclass)
>  name        | text    | not null
>  autochanger | integer | default 0
>     "storage_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (storageid)

I know about this table but from all of my tests it seems bacula
doesn't use it when adds records to Media table (after backup job).
Firstable I don't see any queries which can get the StorageId from
DB and insert it into Media.

Also to be sure that this value is not used, I tried to set the
StorageId in storage table to some custom value and see if bacula will
use the custom value after the backup job is done - the result is NO,
so it seems bacula gets the storageid some other way.

I know that table "Storage" and StorageId's are used while doing a
Restore job, but can't find where Bacula gets the StorageId which is
inserted after Backup job in the Media table.

Maybe some of the developers, can clean this out ?

Regards,