Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula error after install

2013-04-03 18:44:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula error after install
From: Listman <list.man AT bluejeantime DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 18:16:19 -0400
I installed ubuntu server 12.04 amd64 with bacula-5.2.13.  I am having a hell
of a time getting bacula-dir to start.  I am getting the following error:

03-Apr 18:06 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Please replace this dummy
libbaccats library with a proper one.
03-Apr 18:06 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
"MyCatalog", database "bacula".
03-Apr 18:06 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

There is no problem with the configuration file because I am using the
configuration for a new server replacing a debian squeeze.  I have done quite a
bit of research and move two files from bacula-5.2.13/src/cats/.libs to a
bacula/lib.  I moved the whole .libs directory and that did not work either.  I
am not a noob.   I prefer to use source for my purposes.

TIA,

Zak