Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] continuing an interrupted bscan?

2013-04-02 17:27:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] continuing an interrupted bscan?
From: "Michael Stauffer _g" <mgstauff AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bacula_users_list_mgstauff_gmail" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:24:15 -0400

Hi,

Back in Feb I had a crash of my backup system and have to recreate the catalog. I got some great advice from this list and started the bscan process but then hit driver errors. After many weeks of back and forth with Quantum support and waiting for supplies, I was able to try again (in the meantime it looks like both drives in my library need replacing, so I'm stuck waiting again).

I was able to run bscan and get to the 5th tape of 35 in the library before another failure. I'm running through all tapes in sequential order.

I'm using bacula 3.0.1 (I'll be upgrading in ~3 months, but first need to restore everything with this system).

Here's my command:

./bscan -b /bacula/bscanVolsBootstrap.bsr -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf -v -s -m /dev/st0

The restore failed with this error msg:

"

31-Mar 13:43 bscan JobId 0: End of file 2322 on device "LTO5-1" (/dev/st1), Volume "L50005"

31-Mar 13:58 bscan JobId 0: Error: block.c:1004 Read error on fd=3 at file:blk 2322:11297 on device "LTO5-1" (/dev/st1). ERR=Input/output error.

Bacula status: file=2322 block=11297

Device status: ONLINE IM_REP_EN file=2322 block=-1

Records added or updated in the catalog:

      5 Media

      5 Pool

      1 Job

9404141 File

"

My question is whether I have to restart the bscan from tape 1, or can I pick up with tape 5?

Thanks!

-M