Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low

2013-04-01 21:56:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low
From: UserMOP <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:52:53 -0700
The funny thing is the problem went away by itself. Tapes were again filling up
at approx 420GB per tape.

It was doing that for a few months of regular backup cycles. But now
unfortunately tapes are once again coming up as Full at only 320GB.

We do regular rewind and WEOF on these tapes prior to any backup. This is quite
strange. We are sure it is not the drive itself or the tapes. Must be something
else. At this point nothing left to do but try to locate something in the logs.
cheers