Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO5 performance

2013-03-14 17:46:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO5 performance
From: <etannehill AT godaddy DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:42:09 -0700

An often overlooked piece of the puzzle is your expansion cards

Many times a system may have multiple 2x or 3x slots etc, but if you use both it cuts the speed in half (one for each card)

Make sure you research where to place the cards in your system to ensure they can operate at full speed.

As mentioned before disk spooling will also eliminate the network bottleneck issue.