Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole autocomplete and history feature

2013-03-05 03:40:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole autocomplete and history feature
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Andrei Moraru <andrei.moraru.n AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:37:04 +0100
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 11:23:17PM +0200, Andrei Moraru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Bacula v5.2.13 on Debian 6.0.6 x86_64
>

> In a putty session to the VM hosting the Bacula director, I connect to the
> console of Bacula by using bconsole utility.
> Unfortunately, I don't have autocomplete option in bconsole (by using TAB
> key) nor the history of commands entered (by using UP arrow button)
>
> Please advice how to activate these two options in bconsole.
>
> Thanks

Hello Andrei,

I assume you compiled 5.2.13 from source? If so, make sure your
configure output displays either readline and / or conio enabled, this
will provide you with the history feature.

For TAB autocompletion, I tried to activate it several times but
failed miserably. ;)

You may need to install a variety of development packages in debian, try
readline-dev, ncurses-dev and so on (sorry, I cannot provide exact
package names as I'm on CentOS ATM).

Good luck,

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA