Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup is incremented to full backup after a bare metal restore

2013-02-22 03:18:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup is incremented to full backup after a bare metal restore
From: morlix <morlix AT morlix DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:58:02 +0100
Hello bacula users,

three days ago one of my servers raid 5 died completly and i had to do a
bare metal restore.

This restore works fine, except the thing that i got two messages about
directories which already exists during the restore and a logfile which
could not be restored with the original filesize.
But i think this was no real problem.

Then i saw that my data partition was 100% full. So i decided to do a
verify job (DiskToCatalog).

This verify shows that two new files, one new directory exist and two
directories are in the catalog but not on the disk.
I verified that this is everything ok, restored the bootloader and rebooted.

After that the server works as expected and everything was fine.

But now i recognized that the backup jobs running since then always
wants to backup everything (full backup), but they should be incremental.

In the messages of the client i didn't see a message that the backup
level was incremented to full because of something.

Here some informations about my systems.

Director: Gentoo Linux x86_64, bacula 5.2.12
Client: Gentoo Linux x86_64, bacula 5.2.12

As this client is our video server it has a lot of data (approx 3TB), so
i can't allow a full backup every day.

Kind regards,

morlix