Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup concurrency

2013-02-20 06:18:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup concurrency
From: Antony Mayi <antonymayi AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Jérôme Blion <jerome.blion AT free DOT fr>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:12:20 +0000 (GMT)

>________________________________

good point.

Running Jobs:
Console connected at 20-Feb-13 11:02
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
    45 Full    DB1Backup.2013-02-19_23.05.00_21 is running
    46 Full    CatalogBackup.2013-02-19_23.10.00_22 is waiting for higher
priority jobs to finish
    47 Increme  Srv1Backup.2013-02-20_11.02.40_26 is waiting on max Storage jobs
    48 Increme  Srv2Backup.2013-02-20_11.02.45_27 is waiting on max Storage jobs

so it seems the DB1Backup is blocking the storage although not using it really
since it is busy with running the "RunScript" db dump which takes in this case
about 4 hours. so that suggests I need to increase the concurrency for
accessing the Storage which I wanted to avoid to not to interleave writes from
multiple Jobs. I find it quite inefficient blocking the storage resource for
several hours although not really using it. Is there a way around it or is the
only approach enabling concurrent access to the Storage (which is discouraged
from restoration performance point of view)?

thx,
Antony.